• Martin
  • Martin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by Martin
Retro Downloads Section was created by Martin
Afternoon Guys,
We are looking to add a simple HTML website at retro.hardwarehackers.co.uk as a one stop shop for retro downloads. We all know it goes, you do a fresh install of Windows XP, you cant download ANYTHING via IE6 as its not supported very well, but you need to quickly grab a program, you think you MIGHT get away with IE8 but you cant download it via IE6!!

So what would you like to see on this page? we were thinking a few main category's:
Browsers
updates
service packs
media players
tools for unzipping, cpu-z etc
benchmarks for retro machines

Anything else, or anything specific you would like to see under one of these headings?

We were looking at covering Windows 95-Windows Vista. Would you find it useful for anything older?

Martin,
Hardware Hackers Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #2 by Nik
Replied by Nik on topic Retro Downloads Section
I would add some rare drivers, too (i.e. voodoo stuff or some weird hardware like handscanners anno 200*).
If you need something like that, let me know. ;)

---
Why ???
Because I can !!!

• Martin
  • Martin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by Martin
Replied by Martin on topic Retro Downloads Section
Great idea forgot all about the Voodoo! trying to get a free afternoon to get it all setup so we have somthing to build on!

Martin,
Hardware Hackers Team

More
5 years 7 months ago #4 by Nik
Replied by Nik on topic Retro Downloads Section
ok, drop me a PM with how to share my collection with you and all the other guys.. ;)

---
Why ???
Because I can !!!

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds

About Hardware Hackers

Hardware Hackers, Modifying For The Greater Good! Follow us while we take you on a journey of custom computer modifying mayhem. We are available on Facebook & YouTube see our links below.

Why not join in the fun at our community forum? Visit forum or Create an account.

Subscribe For Updates

Subscribe to get our latest updates straight to your inbox and stay updated on the latest developments from the HwH Team!